Last updated April 8, 2021
Personal Information We Collect
Therify collects Personal Information from users of our Services, particularly information we use to match you with a therapist. We collect the following categories of Personal Information:
IP Address Information and Other Information Collected Automatically. We automatically receive and record information from your web browser when you interact with the Services, including your IP address and cookie information. This information is used for fighting spam/malware and also to facilitate collection of data concerning your interaction with the Services (e.g., what links you have clicked on). Generally, the Services automatically collect usage information, such as the number and frequency of visitors to the Site. We may use this data in aggregate form, that is, as a statistical measure, but not in a manner that would identify you personally. This type of aggregate data enables us and third parties authorized by us to figure out how often individuals use parts of the Services so that we can analyze and improve them. Email Communications We may receive a confirmation when you open an email from us. We use this confirmation to improve our customer service.
Aggregate Information. We collect statistical information about how users use the Services. Some of this information is derived from Personal Information. However, this statistical information is not Personal Information and cannot be tied back to you, your Account or your web browser.
HIPAA and Protected Health Information
Under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”), some health related personal information that we collect as part of providing the Services may be considered “protected health information” or “PHI.” Examples of PHI you may provide include:
1. When you use your Account to engage with medical professionals, Personal Information such as your name, address, and medical history.
2. When you use the Services, health information such as appointment information, claims processing data, and payment information.
Uses of your Personal Information
• Manage your Account;
• Respond to your comments, questions, and requests, and provide customer service;
• Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts, information regarding changes to our policies, and support and administrative messages;
• Prevent and address fraud, breach of policies or terms, and threats or harm;
• Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities;Conduct research, including focus groups and surveys;Improve the Services, the Site or other Therify websites, applications, marketing efforts, products and services;
• Send you advertisements and communicate with you regarding our and third party products, services, offers, promotions, rewards and events we think you may be interested in; and
• Fulfill any other purpose disclosed at the time you provide Personal Information.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We do not share Personal Information of our users with anyone, except if required by law, or as follows:
• To any person to whom you have provided consent;
• To government or regulatory agencies if we are ordered to comply with a court order, subpoena, or similar legal process or investigation;
• To individuals or entities we employ and contract with that perform certain tasks or services on our behalf and who are under our control (our “Agents”). We may need to share Personal Information with our Agents in order to provide products or services to you. Unless we tell you differently, our Agents do not have any right to use Personal Information or other information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information with our Agents.To our other third party services providers such as those who may provide cloud hosting or payment processing functions and are subject to agreements that protect the confidentiality of your Personal Information.Information disclosed pursuant to business transfers. From time to time, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, sell all or substantially all of our assets, are acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred to or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, that we may transfer for your Personal Information in accordance with this policy and applicable law, and agree that any acquirer of us or any of our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
• Information disclosed for our protection and the protection of others as permitted by law.
How We Protect Personal Information
We are committed to protecting the Personal Information of our Users. To this end, we have implemented strict protections to comply with applicable laws and regulations and ensure the protection of PI and PHI belonging to our users, including:
• Maintaining physical and electronic safeguards that comply with relevant privacy laws
• Entering into agreements with third-party providers that require them to safeguard your Personal Information and to use it only for the purposes of fulfilling our specific business need
• Restricting access to user information solely to our Agents and third party service who have a legitimate business need to access such information
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The business or commercial purposes for which we use the categories of information, including Personal Information, which we collect from us can be found in the “How We May Use Your Information” section above.
Your Rights Under the CCPA:
Right to Know: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your Personal Information over the past 12 months (“Right to Know”). You have the Right to Know (i) the categories of Personal Information we collected about you; (ii) the categories of sources for the Personal Information we collected about you; (iii) our business or commercial purpose for collecting that Personal Information; (iv) the categories of third parties with whom we share that Personal Information; and (v) the specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
Right to Delete: You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions (“Right to Delete”). Once we receive and confirm your verifiable request, we will delete your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us to: (i) complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you; (ii) detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities; (iii) debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality; (iv) exercise free speech, ensure the right of another party to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law; (v) enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us; (vi) comply with a legal obligation; or (vii) make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
Exercising Your Rights under the CCPA:
To exercise your Right to Know or Right to Delete, please submit a verifiable request to us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only you or a person registered with the California Secretary of State that you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable request related to your Personal Information. The verifiable request must: (i) provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative; (ii) describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We may need to contact you to request additional information in order to verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or that you are an authorized representative. We will not use any information provided as part of a request, including any contact information you provide or that we request in order to respond to or verify a request, for any purpose other than to respond to or verify your request.We will make an effort to respond to your verifiable request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing either by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period before our receipt of the verifiable request. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights by (i) denying you goods or services; (ii) charging you a different price or rates for goods or services; or (iii) providing you a different level of quality of goods or service. For additional information regarding your rights under the CCPA, or how to exercise them, you may contact us at email@example.com.